Rep Confirms Blake Lively and Penn Badgley Split, Marriage Is Said Behind It
"Gossip Girl" stars Blake Lively and Penn Badgley's off-screen romance ends up like the one their characters Serena van der Woodsen and Dan Humphrey have in the hit TV series. A rep for both stars has confirmed about the couple's separation to Us Weekly, which has been on stands on Wednesday, October 27.
The rep explained that Blake and Penn ended their romance in mid-September. Despite the split, the then-couple, who still has to share scene in the show, is said able to separate between works and their personal lives. "They're professionals. They're still good friends and hang out on the set," an insider told the mag.
The insider went on saying that those closest to Blake and Penn might be as shocked as fans when they heard the news. "Nobody on set had any idea. They're really just private," the insider said, adding that the two "kept this news to themselves for a while."
On the reason behind the separation, Star Magazine reported it is because Blake is ready for the next big thing while Penn is not ready for the commitment. A friend told the site, "Blake comes from a traditional Southern Baptist background, and she's always had her eye on getting married and having lots of children."
Blake and Penn, who had dated since 2007, finally agreed to end their relationship as they are allegedly not on the same boat. "The pressure on him to settle down at such a young age finally reached the point where he realized he and Blake couldn't get on the same page, timing-wise, about starting a family," so the pal said.
More Blake Lively News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says