Third 'Batman' Film Is Titled 'The Dark Knight Rises', The Riddler Won't Be Villain
The third "Batman" film will be called "The Dark Knight Rises". The big news comes from the helmer himself, Christopher Nolan, who also addresses rumor about who will be the next villain in an interview with Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex. "It won't be the Riddler," he states, eliminating one of the big contenders.
During the chat, Nolan is willing to discuss 3-D technology which he refuses to use for the upcoming project. Instead, he will use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras. "We want the look and feel of the film to be faithful to what has come before in the first two films," he says. "There was a large canvas and operatic sweep to 'The Dark Knight' and we want to make a film that will carry on with that look and feel."
The filmmaker adds, "There's an intimacy at times [with spatial illusion of the 3-D effect] and we didn't want to lose scale.... Our ambition for the third movie is to complete a story that has begun. This is not starting over, this not rebooting. We're finishing something, and keeping a consistency with what's come before has real value."
With the commitment to IMAX and high-definition cameras, Nolan promises something new in "The Dark Knight Rises". "We're looking to do something technologically that's never been done before. Our ambitions are to make a great movie," he tells Hero Complex.
This follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is scheduled to start principal photography in April 2011 for a July 20, 2012 U.S. release. Christian Bale is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman while "Inception" actor Tom Hardy is rumored to be cast for a villainous role.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs