Syfy Says Goodbye to 'Caprica'
Highly-anticipated but rating-challenged, "Caprica" eventually gets the boot. The prequel to "Battlestar Galactica" can only survive one season for Syfy has decided not to renew it and has prepared another "Battlestar" spin-off called "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome".
A statement from Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions read, "We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for 'Caprica' and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series. Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, 'Caprica' has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season."
The five remaining unaired episodes will be yanked out of the Tuesdays 10/9c slot immediately on November 2 but they would be aired sometime in the first quarter of 2011. More about the scheduling changes will be unveiled on Thursday, October 28 morning.
Syfy is also yet to announce when the two-hour pilot of "Blood & Chrome" would be premiered. It will focus on the early years of Edward James Olmos' William Adama and take place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet the Galactica.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'