Rihanna No Longer Feels Lonely and Could 'Smile for Real' Post Chris Brown Split
Rihanna has admitted that separating from Chris Brown allowed her to experience a "great feeling". Of her split from Brown, the "Umbrella" hitmaker told December issue of Marie Claire U.K., "I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it."
"It was a different day. I felt different. I didn't feel lonely," Rihanna continued. "I felt like I wanted to get up and be in the world. That was a great, great feeling." Beside no longer feeling lonely, the singer, who is currently dating Los Angeles Dodgers baseball star Matt Kemp, revealed that she is able to "smile for real this time."
"The smiles come from inside, and it exudes in everything I do. People feel my energy is different. When I smile they can tell that it's pure bliss and not just a cover up," Rihanna explained to the mag which will be made available for purchase on Thursday, October 28.
Though she felt relieved after breaking up with Brown, Rihanna revealed that the hardest part was dealing with the aftermath in the press. "All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down. (But) once you're back on your feet - if you ever make it back on your feet - that's the ultimate achievement," so she said.
Still, Rihanna claimed she never regretted the ordeal, believing that "God has a crazy way of working." The star, who will release her new album "Loud" in November, added, "Sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, 'What did I do to deserve this? Why was it backfiring on me?' But I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that's what God was giving to me."
More Rihanna News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson