Order Cut, 'Medium' May Face Cancellation
"Medium" fans should probably pray that the show is not canceled. CBS has cut the episodic order of season 7 from 22 to mere 13, pending the rating of the November sweeps. In the similar manner, CBS cut the order of "Numb3rs" in 2009 before canceling it for good in May this year.
EW said that the ghost-show is not in immediate danger of cancellation but the number proves otherwise. At 8.5 million viewers average, "Medium" could thrive on other smaller networks but since competition is high on the Eye, "Medium" is placed the lowest-rated series in the network. Almost all the other shows are taking more than 10 million viewers per week. It was only "Rules of Engagement" which comes close to "Medium" 's 8.5 million viewers.
Moreover, CBS has ordered full seasons of newbies "The Defenders", "Mike & Molly", "$#*! My Dad Says", "Hawaii Five-0", and "Blue Bloods". This only means that a slot in the midseason of 2011 is getting smaller. In the meantime, three pilots which have been ordered are waiting in line, they are "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior", "Chaos" and "Mad Love".
"Medium" was once almost axed by NBC before CBS took it in through a deal with Lifetime. The show was doing well with a lead-in from the now-canceled "Ghost Whisperer" before it was moved to Fridays 8/7c. Deadline said should "Medium" indeed get canceled, showrunner Glenn Gordon Caron would still work under CBS for other shows.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March