Order Cut, 'Medium' May Face Cancellation
"Medium" fans should probably pray that the show is not canceled. CBS has cut the episodic order of season 7 from 22 to mere 13, pending the rating of the November sweeps. In the similar manner, CBS cut the order of "Numb3rs" in 2009 before canceling it for good in May this year.
EW said that the ghost-show is not in immediate danger of cancellation but the number proves otherwise. At 8.5 million viewers average, "Medium" could thrive on other smaller networks but since competition is high on the Eye, "Medium" is placed the lowest-rated series in the network. Almost all the other shows are taking more than 10 million viewers per week. It was only "Rules of Engagement" which comes close to "Medium" 's 8.5 million viewers.
Moreover, CBS has ordered full seasons of newbies "The Defenders", "Mike & Molly", "$#*! My Dad Says", "Hawaii Five-0", and "Blue Bloods". This only means that a slot in the midseason of 2011 is getting smaller. In the meantime, three pilots which have been ordered are waiting in line, they are "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior", "Chaos" and "Mad Love".
"Medium" was once almost axed by NBC before CBS took it in through a deal with Lifetime. The show was doing well with a lead-in from the now-canceled "Ghost Whisperer" before it was moved to Fridays 8/7c. Deadline said should "Medium" indeed get canceled, showrunner Glenn Gordon Caron would still work under CBS for other shows.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked