Order Cut, 'Medium' May Face Cancellation
"Medium" fans should probably pray that the show is not canceled. CBS has cut the episodic order of season 7 from 22 to mere 13, pending the rating of the November sweeps. In the similar manner, CBS cut the order of "Numb3rs" in 2009 before canceling it for good in May this year.
EW said that the ghost-show is not in immediate danger of cancellation but the number proves otherwise. At 8.5 million viewers average, "Medium" could thrive on other smaller networks but since competition is high on the Eye, "Medium" is placed the lowest-rated series in the network. Almost all the other shows are taking more than 10 million viewers per week. It was only "Rules of Engagement" which comes close to "Medium" 's 8.5 million viewers.
Moreover, CBS has ordered full seasons of newbies "The Defenders", "Mike & Molly", "$#*! My Dad Says", "Hawaii Five-0", and "Blue Bloods". This only means that a slot in the midseason of 2011 is getting smaller. In the meantime, three pilots which have been ordered are waiting in line, they are "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior", "Chaos" and "Mad Love".
"Medium" was once almost axed by NBC before CBS took it in through a deal with Lifetime. The show was doing well with a lead-in from the now-canceled "Ghost Whisperer" before it was moved to Fridays 8/7c. Deadline said should "Medium" indeed get canceled, showrunner Glenn Gordon Caron would still work under CBS for other shows.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation