Darren Aronofsky to Take Control Over 'Machine Man'
Gaining praises for his "Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky has easily landed a new job. Mandalay Pictures announces that they have hired him to serve behind the lens of "Machine Man", an upcoming movie adaptation of Max Barry's online serialized story.
For the upcoming movie, Aronofsky will team up once again with "Black Swan" scribe Mark Heyman, who is currently writing the script for "Machine Man". Serving as producer is Cathy Schulman with Barry executive producing.
Desribed as an "amped up pop-thriller", "Machine Man" is a story of a gadget geek and engineer working at a forward-thinking tech firm who decides to systematically replace his weaker fleshy parts with high-end titanium performance upgrades of his own design. But he isn't the only one with plans for his superior parts.
Aronofsky is likely to direct the sci-fi film after he finishes "Wolverine 2" which is scheduled to start shooting in early 2011. "The Wrestler" helmer was also attached to direct "RoboCop" but has backed out of the project.
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit