Darren Aronofsky to Take Control Over 'Machine Man'
Gaining praises for his "Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky has easily landed a new job. Mandalay Pictures announces that they have hired him to serve behind the lens of "Machine Man", an upcoming movie adaptation of Max Barry's online serialized story.
For the upcoming movie, Aronofsky will team up once again with "Black Swan" scribe Mark Heyman, who is currently writing the script for "Machine Man". Serving as producer is Cathy Schulman with Barry executive producing.
Desribed as an "amped up pop-thriller", "Machine Man" is a story of a gadget geek and engineer working at a forward-thinking tech firm who decides to systematically replace his weaker fleshy parts with high-end titanium performance upgrades of his own design. But he isn't the only one with plans for his superior parts.
Aronofsky is likely to direct the sci-fi film after he finishes "Wolverine 2" which is scheduled to start shooting in early 2011. "The Wrestler" helmer was also attached to direct "RoboCop" but has backed out of the project.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival