Darren Aronofsky to Take Control Over 'Machine Man'
Gaining praises for his "Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky has easily landed a new job. Mandalay Pictures announces that they have hired him to serve behind the lens of "Machine Man", an upcoming movie adaptation of Max Barry's online serialized story.
For the upcoming movie, Aronofsky will team up once again with "Black Swan" scribe Mark Heyman, who is currently writing the script for "Machine Man". Serving as producer is Cathy Schulman with Barry executive producing.
Desribed as an "amped up pop-thriller", "Machine Man" is a story of a gadget geek and engineer working at a forward-thinking tech firm who decides to systematically replace his weaker fleshy parts with high-end titanium performance upgrades of his own design. But he isn't the only one with plans for his superior parts.
Aronofsky is likely to direct the sci-fi film after he finishes "Wolverine 2" which is scheduled to start shooting in early 2011. "The Wrestler" helmer was also attached to direct "RoboCop" but has backed out of the project.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'