Darren Aronofsky to Take Control Over 'Machine Man'
Gaining praises for his "Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky has easily landed a new job. Mandalay Pictures announces that they have hired him to serve behind the lens of "Machine Man", an upcoming movie adaptation of Max Barry's online serialized story.
For the upcoming movie, Aronofsky will team up once again with "Black Swan" scribe Mark Heyman, who is currently writing the script for "Machine Man". Serving as producer is Cathy Schulman with Barry executive producing.
Desribed as an "amped up pop-thriller", "Machine Man" is a story of a gadget geek and engineer working at a forward-thinking tech firm who decides to systematically replace his weaker fleshy parts with high-end titanium performance upgrades of his own design. But he isn't the only one with plans for his superior parts.
Aronofsky is likely to direct the sci-fi film after he finishes "Wolverine 2" which is scheduled to start shooting in early 2011. "The Wrestler" helmer was also attached to direct "RoboCop" but has backed out of the project.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?