Studios Fight Over Movie Based on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
Michael Jackson keeps becoming inspiration even after he passed away. A movie is being fashioned around his groundbreaking hit song "Thriller" and has been shopped around over the last few weeks by Real Effects Entertainment, Deadline Hollywood reports.
A number of studios like Fox 2000, Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment are said vying the rights to make the movie, with GK Films allegedly the frontrunner to win the bidding war. The movie has Kenny Ortega, who made Jackson's documentary "This Is It", attached to serve behind the lens and reportedly will be budgeted at under $50 million.
Plot details of "Thriller" are not known yet but it may deal with the song's folklore, which involves horror actor Vincent Price and the town he grew up in.
Additionally, Deadline says Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock are looking to make a movie revolving around Jackson's early years, while Cirque du Soleil are in talks to do two live shows based on the late singer's music.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier