Studios Fight Over Movie Based on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
Michael Jackson keeps becoming inspiration even after he passed away. A movie is being fashioned around his groundbreaking hit song "Thriller" and has been shopped around over the last few weeks by Real Effects Entertainment, Deadline Hollywood reports.
A number of studios like Fox 2000, Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment are said vying the rights to make the movie, with GK Films allegedly the frontrunner to win the bidding war. The movie has Kenny Ortega, who made Jackson's documentary "This Is It", attached to serve behind the lens and reportedly will be budgeted at under $50 million.
Plot details of "Thriller" are not known yet but it may deal with the song's folklore, which involves horror actor Vincent Price and the town he grew up in.
Additionally, Deadline says Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock are looking to make a movie revolving around Jackson's early years, while Cirque du Soleil are in talks to do two live shows based on the late singer's music.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?