Greyson Chance Debuts 'Waiting Outside the Lines', Performing Live on 'Ellen'
Greyson Chance, who gained attention after posting a YouTube video of himself covering Lady GaGa's song, visited Ryan Seacrest's radio show on October 26 to debut his first ever single "Waiting Outside the Lines". He said, "The song comes from the heart and I hope and pray that my fans can use it to 'escape' from all the pressures of life. I can't wait for everyone to take this journey with me."
Later that day, the 13-year-old singer stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to perform the new single live for the very first time. This young man took a seat behind a grand piano and belted lyrics, "Get rid of all the hesitation/ It's time for you to seize the day/ Instead of just sitting around and looking down on tomorrow/ You gotta get your feet of the ground."
When Chance first came out, people drew comparison between him and another teen pop idol Justin Bieber. But, "Waiting Outside the Lines" proves he is different from the Canadian singer. While Bieber tends to make bubble gum pop tracks, Chance goes to a pretty grown-up song with those inspirational lyrics. He hopes "this song will be a place where we all can escape and be free."
The single is expected to appear in Greyson Chance's upcoming debut album which is yet to be titled. However, he is going to drop a mini album before moving on to a full-length set. The effort is scheduled to be released under Ellen DeGeneres' label ElevenEleven/Interscope Records.
Audio stream of "Waiting Outside the Lines":
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift