Greyson Chance Debuts 'Waiting Outside the Lines', Performing Live on 'Ellen'
Greyson Chance, who gained attention after posting a YouTube video of himself covering Lady GaGa's song, visited Ryan Seacrest's radio show on October 26 to debut his first ever single "Waiting Outside the Lines". He said, "The song comes from the heart and I hope and pray that my fans can use it to 'escape' from all the pressures of life. I can't wait for everyone to take this journey with me."
Later that day, the 13-year-old singer stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to perform the new single live for the very first time. This young man took a seat behind a grand piano and belted lyrics, "Get rid of all the hesitation/ It's time for you to seize the day/ Instead of just sitting around and looking down on tomorrow/ You gotta get your feet of the ground."
When Chance first came out, people drew comparison between him and another teen pop idol Justin Bieber. But, "Waiting Outside the Lines" proves he is different from the Canadian singer. While Bieber tends to make bubble gum pop tracks, Chance goes to a pretty grown-up song with those inspirational lyrics. He hopes "this song will be a place where we all can escape and be free."
The single is expected to appear in Greyson Chance's upcoming debut album which is yet to be titled. However, he is going to drop a mini album before moving on to a full-length set. The effort is scheduled to be released under Ellen DeGeneres' label ElevenEleven/Interscope Records.
Audio stream of "Waiting Outside the Lines":
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order