'America's Got Talent' Contestant on Wife's Death: Someone Killed Her
Two days after his wife was found dead, "America's Got Talent" contestant Joe Finley has now exclaimed that the death was "not an accident." Joe told TMZ, "Somebody threw her off that railing. 100% this was not an accident."
According to the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), Joe's wife Laura Finley died at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday, October 23 at 8:25 A.M. An LAPD spokesperson has confirmed that the cause of death has been in investigation.
"It is being investigated as a death investigation by our department," the spokesperson said as quoted by ET Online. Lt. Fred Corral further told the site, "The coroner's office performed an autopsy and the cause of death is deferred for 8-10 weeks, pending toxicology."
Adding controversy to the incident, Joe, who was named a person of interest in the death, admitted to TMZ that he chose to go through with his "AGT" audition although he was at that time aware that Laura had been missing and had seen picture of her face with injuries which was shown by police.
Joe recalled that he and Laura went out partying after he took two ecstasy pills while Laura took one at around 8:30 P.M on Friday, October 22, a day before Laura's death. Joe went on disclosing that he and Laura returned to their hotel room and went to bed later that night. At around 3 A.M., he said that he heard Laura left the room but thought she was getting ice.
When he woke up the next day, Joe said he didn't see Laura there and decided to call hotel security, asking them to page over the public address system. However, instead of looking for his missing wife, he went for the audition at 2 P.M. and when he was on his way, he was approached by police who later showed him Laura's shot with the injury.
After quizzed by police for several hours, Joe was allowed to go to his audition although he said he at that time had assumed that his wife was dead. Still, he went through the audition. After the audition, Joe had to face the police again for another question during when he confessed he had three more pills in his possession. Regarding when police informed Joe that they found Laura's body in a stairwell at the hotel has not yet been revealed.
More America's Got Talent News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune