Mariah Carey May Be Selected as 'X Factor' Judge
Simon Cowell reportedly is having doubts of his initial choice to judge the U.S. version of "The X Factor". The producer had once selected Cheryl Cole to accompany him on the panel along with Nicole Scherzinger but words on the street are, he is afraid that Cole is not as popular Stateside as she is in Britain.
Consequently, he is forced to look for an alternative and rumor has it, Mariah Carey was it. Cowell indeed said last week that he had received a call from an A-list celebrity. "We had a phone call from someone on the weekend, someone very well known who out of the blue wanted to be a judge on the show. Literally out of the blue, and it's one of the most famous singers in the world," he gushed.
Over the weekend, Cowell had expressed his interest in Carey. Saying "who knows" to Cole's casting, Cowell told News of the World, "Mariah Carey would be an amazing addition to the US show. And she's exactly the right caliber of star that we want for the show."
Carey's husband, Nick Cannon, also works for Cowell. He is the host of summer filler "America's Got Talent" which is also Cowell's brainchild.
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo