Russell Brand and Katy Perry Spotted Jetting to Maldives for Honeymoon
Post their lavish Saturday, October 23 wedding ceremony, Russell Brand and now wife Katy Perry headed to Indian Ocean nation of the Maldives for their honeymoon. On Monday, October 25, the newlyweds were spotted at India's Jaipur airport - the day also happened to be Katy's 26th birthday.
Both Russell and Katy donned some casual Indian outfits while taking cover behind sunglasses. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker was seen still wearing her facial jewelry which was hooked to her right ear. According to IBN Live, the couple traveled in an aircraft and they left alone without friends or relatives accompanying them.
Earlier that day, Russell and Katy left for Jaipur from Sawaimadhopur in a helicopter which had to land again at the helipad moments later. The chopper reportedly took off again after around 10 minutes. "The district administration had given the permission for the helicopter to take off from the helipad. It took off at around 1 P.M. but after a few minutes it landed again at the same helipad. Later, it took off again," a source was quoted as saying.
Russell Brand and Katy Perry wed in the fully-embracing-Indian-tradition nuptials held at the luxury Aman-i-Khas resort near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan, India. A rep for the two has also released a statement, confirming the wedding.
"Russell Brand and Katy Perry are overjoyed to confirm that they were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. Brand on Saturday, October 23," the rep said. "The very private and spiritual ceremony, attended by the couples' closest family and friends was performed by a Christian minister and longtime friend of the Hudson Family. The backdrop was the inspirational and majestic countryside of Northern India."
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'