Movie Beauties Grace 'For Colored Girls' Premiere in New York
A world premiere of "For Colored Girls" in New York City saw the arrivals of beautiful ladies who join the cast ensemble. Janet Jackson, covered in a black outfit, made a solo appearance while Thandie Newton, in a gray dress, was accompanied by husband Ol Parker.
Other actresses joining the special screening were Kerry Washington, Anika Noni Rose, Macy Gray and Loretta Devine, with actor Omari Hardwick and director Tyler Perry among the attendees. Moreover, singers Ciara and Estelle supported the event.
"For Colored Girls", previously known as "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide", is based on a 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women. The drama movie will hit U.S. theaters on November 5.
Still to promote the movie, Janet Jackson appeared on "Good Morning America" on early Monday. The singer/actress admitted she is excited about the film because she has never had the chance to play a character "so bold and so shrewd."
- Jennifer Aniston Returns to TV With Reese Witherspoon on Series About Morning Shows
- Madison Beer Is Not Dating Brooklyn Beckham
- Katy Perry to Host the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show