Movie Beauties Grace 'For Colored Girls' Premiere in New York
A world premiere of "For Colored Girls" in New York City saw the arrivals of beautiful ladies who join the cast ensemble. Janet Jackson, covered in a black outfit, made a solo appearance while Thandie Newton, in a gray dress, was accompanied by husband Ol Parker.
Other actresses joining the special screening were Kerry Washington, Anika Noni Rose, Macy Gray and Loretta Devine, with actor Omari Hardwick and director Tyler Perry among the attendees. Moreover, singers Ciara and Estelle supported the event.
"For Colored Girls", previously known as "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide", is based on a 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women. The drama movie will hit U.S. theaters on November 5.
Still to promote the movie, Janet Jackson appeared on "Good Morning America" on early Monday. The singer/actress admitted she is excited about the film because she has never had the chance to play a character "so bold and so shrewd."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March