Movie Beauties Grace 'For Colored Girls' Premiere in New York
A world premiere of "For Colored Girls" in New York City saw the arrivals of beautiful ladies who join the cast ensemble. Janet Jackson, covered in a black outfit, made a solo appearance while Thandie Newton, in a gray dress, was accompanied by husband Ol Parker.
Other actresses joining the special screening were Kerry Washington, Anika Noni Rose, Macy Gray and Loretta Devine, with actor Omari Hardwick and director Tyler Perry among the attendees. Moreover, singers Ciara and Estelle supported the event.
"For Colored Girls", previously known as "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide", is based on a 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women. The drama movie will hit U.S. theaters on November 5.
Still to promote the movie, Janet Jackson appeared on "Good Morning America" on early Monday. The singer/actress admitted she is excited about the film because she has never had the chance to play a character "so bold and so shrewd."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake