Movie Beauties Grace 'For Colored Girls' Premiere in New York
A world premiere of "For Colored Girls" in New York City saw the arrivals of beautiful ladies who join the cast ensemble. Janet Jackson, covered in a black outfit, made a solo appearance while Thandie Newton, in a gray dress, was accompanied by husband Ol Parker.
Other actresses joining the special screening were Kerry Washington, Anika Noni Rose, Macy Gray and Loretta Devine, with actor Omari Hardwick and director Tyler Perry among the attendees. Moreover, singers Ciara and Estelle supported the event.
"For Colored Girls", previously known as "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide", is based on a 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women. The drama movie will hit U.S. theaters on November 5.
Still to promote the movie, Janet Jackson appeared on "Good Morning America" on early Monday. The singer/actress admitted she is excited about the film because she has never had the chance to play a character "so bold and so shrewd."
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher