Movie Beauties Grace 'For Colored Girls' Premiere in New York
A world premiere of "For Colored Girls" in New York City saw the arrivals of beautiful ladies who join the cast ensemble. Janet Jackson, covered in a black outfit, made a solo appearance while Thandie Newton, in a gray dress, was accompanied by husband Ol Parker.
Other actresses joining the special screening were Kerry Washington, Anika Noni Rose, Macy Gray and Loretta Devine, with actor Omari Hardwick and director Tyler Perry among the attendees. Moreover, singers Ciara and Estelle supported the event.
"For Colored Girls", previously known as "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide", is based on a 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women. The drama movie will hit U.S. theaters on November 5.
Still to promote the movie, Janet Jackson appeared on "Good Morning America" on early Monday. The singer/actress admitted she is excited about the film because she has never had the chance to play a character "so bold and so shrewd."
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'