Full Season for 'No Ordinary Family' and 'Better With You'
ABC is giving its much-hyped series "No Ordinary Family" a vote of confidence, ordering a full 22-episode season. The Alphabet is also picking up a full season for its little known half-hour comedy "Better With You" which, despite its lack of promotion, is doing moderately well on Wednesdays, 8.30/7.30c.
New ABC chief Paul Lee announced the pick-ups on late Monday, October 25 and confirmed at the same time the full-season pick-up for "Brothers & Sisters" as well as 5 additional episodes for "Detroit 1-8-7". Lee however said nothing about "The Whole Truth" which is only averaging 5.3 million viewers on Wednesdays, 10/9c.
By comparison, "Better With You" is luring around 7.3 million per week while "No Ordinary Family" is doing better with 9.5 million average. ABC is probably pending the cancellation to see the number this coming Wednesday. The network had axed "My Generation" in the first casualty.
Update: Several hours after the pick-up news, "The Whole Truth" co-executive producer KristieAnne Reed confirmed that the show has been axed, tweeting, "ABC gave us the word. We will only make 13 episodes of 'The Whole Truth'."
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo