George Lucas NOT Planning New 'Star Wars' Trilogy
There will be no new "Star Wars" films in the foreseeable future. In contrary to previous report that George Lucas is pitching a new trilogy of the hit sci-fi movie series, a spokesman for his production company Lucasfilm claims the story is not true.
"This is, of course, completely false," the spokesman, Josh Kushins, tells Wired.com via email. "George Lucas has plenty of projects to keep him busy right now - including plenty of Star Wars projects - but there are no new Star Wars feature films planned."
The denial is released after IESB reported on Friday, October 22 that an "ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider" informed them the new trilogy would land after the planned 3-D conversion of the six "Star Wars" films. The site additionally claimed the new projects would not be prequels but instead sequels and they have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development.
Reactions from fans were varied regarding the rumor. "I, personally, would love to see another trilogy, so long as it doesn't overlook everything that has happened post-[Return of the Jedi], like the Thrawn trilogy/Legacy of the Force/Fate of the Jedi," so wrote ObiWanJedi93 on TheForce.net's Star Wars community board. Meanwhile, Princess Namey on an Adult Swim message board thread was a bit skeptical, stating "Oh gawd why!? Why can't [Lucas] try and make 'original' movies again, and leave Star Wars alone?"
In the meantime, fans can expect to see their favorite films in 3-D theaters, starting with "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" in 2012. 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm have not announced an exact release date, but it was said they eye a date around Valentine's Day.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says