George Lucas NOT Planning New 'Star Wars' Trilogy
There will be no new "Star Wars" films in the foreseeable future. In contrary to previous report that George Lucas is pitching a new trilogy of the hit sci-fi movie series, a spokesman for his production company Lucasfilm claims the story is not true.
"This is, of course, completely false," the spokesman, Josh Kushins, tells Wired.com via email. "George Lucas has plenty of projects to keep him busy right now - including plenty of Star Wars projects - but there are no new Star Wars feature films planned."
The denial is released after IESB reported on Friday, October 22 that an "ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider" informed them the new trilogy would land after the planned 3-D conversion of the six "Star Wars" films. The site additionally claimed the new projects would not be prequels but instead sequels and they have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development.
Reactions from fans were varied regarding the rumor. "I, personally, would love to see another trilogy, so long as it doesn't overlook everything that has happened post-[Return of the Jedi], like the Thrawn trilogy/Legacy of the Force/Fate of the Jedi," so wrote ObiWanJedi93 on TheForce.net's Star Wars community board. Meanwhile, Princess Namey on an Adult Swim message board thread was a bit skeptical, stating "Oh gawd why!? Why can't [Lucas] try and make 'original' movies again, and leave Star Wars alone?"
In the meantime, fans can expect to see their favorite films in 3-D theaters, starting with "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" in 2012. 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm have not announced an exact release date, but it was said they eye a date around Valentine's Day.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says