Official Short Movie of Kanye West's 'Runaway' Debuted in Full
After getting limited screenings in Europe and United States, Kanye West's much-hyped short film "Runaway" has finally been made available for public viewing pleasure. It follows the rapper bringing home a Phoenix who accidentally falls to Earth. He takes care of her and she tries her best to fit into modern culture.
"I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world," Kanye told MTV. "I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while. It's maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person."
Written by Hype Williams and directed by Kanye himself, the music video was filmed in Prague. Kanye plays a man named Griffin, the Phoenix is portrayed by former Victoria's Secret model Selita Ebanks, and providing the narration at the beginning of the clip is Nicki Minaj in her British accent.
Since the movie is to promote his November 22 release "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", the songs featured in it are the ones which make the cut to the upcoming album. They include "Devil in a New Dress", "POWER", "All of the Lights", "Lost in the World" and the title track "Runaway".
More Kanye West News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris