Colin Firth Gets Dramatic in 'The King's Speech' International Trailer
An international trailer for "The King's Speech" has been outed, revealing the tension surrounding Colin Firth's George after he reluctantly becomes a king. The prince assumes the throne after his brother, who is infatuated by a woman, abdicates. From his new responsibility comes a big challenge since George ('Bertie') has a nervous stammer.
Plagued by a dreaded stutter and considered unfit to be king, Bertie engages the help of an unorthodox speech therapist named Lionel Logue. Through a set of unexpected techniques, and as a result of an unlikely friendship, Bertie is able to find his voice and boldly lead the country into war.
Joining Colin Firth on the cast ensemble are Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter who star as the therapist and the King's wife respectively. Tom Hooper directs this drama, which has been proposed as an Oscar contender after it was screened at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival.
"The King's Speech" has just been premiered in the U.K. at the 54th BFI London Film Festival on Thursday, October 21, and will hit limited U.S. theaters on November 26.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video