Colin Firth Gets Dramatic in 'The King's Speech' International Trailer
An international trailer for "The King's Speech" has been outed, revealing the tension surrounding Colin Firth's George after he reluctantly becomes a king. The prince assumes the throne after his brother, who is infatuated by a woman, abdicates. From his new responsibility comes a big challenge since George ('Bertie') has a nervous stammer.
Plagued by a dreaded stutter and considered unfit to be king, Bertie engages the help of an unorthodox speech therapist named Lionel Logue. Through a set of unexpected techniques, and as a result of an unlikely friendship, Bertie is able to find his voice and boldly lead the country into war.
Joining Colin Firth on the cast ensemble are Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter who star as the therapist and the King's wife respectively. Tom Hooper directs this drama, which has been proposed as an Oscar contender after it was screened at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival.
"The King's Speech" has just been premiered in the U.K. at the 54th BFI London Film Festival on Thursday, October 21, and will hit limited U.S. theaters on November 26.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3