Randy Quaid and Wife Busted in Canada, Beg Not to Be Returned to the U.S.
Oscar-nominated actor Randy Quaid and wife Evi Quaid were arrested on Thursday afternoon, October 21 in a shopping area in Vancouver and were jailed on U.S. outstanding warrant. According to TMZ, Canadian police will release the troubled couple once they post $10,000 bond each.
The arrest warrant was issued by a Santa Barbara judge on Monday, October 18 after Randy and Evi failed to appear for an arraignment on their felony burglary bust in September. And once the pair is released, they are not able to leave Canada freely without checking in with officials first.
The site reported that Canada's Immigration and Refugee Board just ruled on Randy and Evi's release, scheduled their next hearing which is on Thursday, October 28 and launched some strict travel rules for the two. The travel rules meant including weekly report to Canada Border Service Agency if they want to leave the country.
During a Friday, October 22 hearing following their arrest, Randy and Evi appeared at a Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board, delivering their intention to stay in Canada as refugees, The Washington Post reported. Evi begged a Canadian immigration adjudicator not to force them to return to the United States.
"We feel our lives are in danger," Evi was quoted as saying. "Randy has known eight close friends murdered in odd, strange manners... We feel that we're next." Evi mentioned Randy's star friends include David Carradine and Heath Ledger who had been dying under suspicious circumstances.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'