Audio Stream of Taylor Swift's 'Story of Us' and 'Better Than Revenge' Surface
A few days before the album release of Taylor Swift's "Speak Now", more new songs from the October 25 hit the web. At least four tracks, "Story of Us", "Better Than Revenge", "Last Kiss" and "Long Live", are already up for listening pleasure.
"Story of Us" is scheduled to be made available for download on October 23 as part of iTunes countdown. In an interview to preview the song, Swift said it's about a former couple who ends up being awkward to each other. The guy she is talking about in this song reportedly is Taylor Lautner.
"I was at an awards show, and there was a guy there, obviously - it all starts there, doesn't it?" she told MTV without giving any name. "It was a guy I had been in a relationship with, falling out, then we end up at the same awards show. Both trying to act like we don't care ... both like, you know, chatting up the people next to us."
"Afterward, I just felt so empty, like we were both fighting this silent war of pretending we didn't care that the other was there," she continued. "And I went home, and I wrote this song about it. And at that point, I had this gut feeling, and I knew the album was finished."
Another song "Better Than Revenge" takes a jab to a woman who "stole" Swift's boyfriend, mentioning that "she's an actress" with "better known for the things she does on the mattress." Rumor has it, the song is about Camilla Belle who was romantically linked to Joe Jonas soon after Swift broke up with him.
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby