Lindsay Lohan Fights Back Tears as Judge Gives Her No Jail Sentence
Lindsay Lohan got a stern warning from Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden Fox but not a jail sentence. During a hearing at the Beverly Hills Courthouse on Friday, October 22, Lindsay was ordered to remain in rehab until January 3, 2011 and will also be a subject to random drug testing until her next court date on February 25, 2011, Los Angeles Times reported.
"I'm serious about that (date). You're staying there past the New Year, and there's a reason for that," judge Elden told Lindsay. "I'm not going to be manipulated. If you're serious about what you wrote in the letter, if you're serious about your sobriety... you will admit that you are an addict," Elden added, referring to Lindsay's handwritten letter she sent to the judge. Lindsay nodded her head.
If Lindsay completes her treatment and complies with her probation until her February hearing, the "Mean Girls" star will be placed on unsupervised probation so she can move on with her life and "put this long episode behind" her. However, if she violates her probation, Elden will sentence her to six months in jail. Lindsay sobbed as she said, "I understand. Thank you."
Lindsay's parents were both present for the sentencing. Michael Lohan sat on the opposite side of the court from the 24-year-old troubled actress' mother, Dina Lohan. According to TMZ, Lindsay showed her SCRAM bracelet to her mother during the hearing and made her aware that she wants it to be removed.
Lindsay was hauled back in front of the judge for violating her probation stemming from her DUI arrests in 2007 by failing her court-ordered drug tests. She just exited the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California, a day before the Friday sentencing after voluntarily checking herself back on September 27.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!