Lindsay Lohan Fights Back Tears as Judge Gives Her No Jail Sentence
Lindsay Lohan got a stern warning from Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden Fox but not a jail sentence. During a hearing at the Beverly Hills Courthouse on Friday, October 22, Lindsay was ordered to remain in rehab until January 3, 2011 and will also be a subject to random drug testing until her next court date on February 25, 2011, Los Angeles Times reported.
"I'm serious about that (date). You're staying there past the New Year, and there's a reason for that," judge Elden told Lindsay. "I'm not going to be manipulated. If you're serious about what you wrote in the letter, if you're serious about your sobriety... you will admit that you are an addict," Elden added, referring to Lindsay's handwritten letter she sent to the judge. Lindsay nodded her head.
If Lindsay completes her treatment and complies with her probation until her February hearing, the "Mean Girls" star will be placed on unsupervised probation so she can move on with her life and "put this long episode behind" her. However, if she violates her probation, Elden will sentence her to six months in jail. Lindsay sobbed as she said, "I understand. Thank you."
Lindsay's parents were both present for the sentencing. Michael Lohan sat on the opposite side of the court from the 24-year-old troubled actress' mother, Dina Lohan. According to TMZ, Lindsay showed her SCRAM bracelet to her mother during the hearing and made her aware that she wants it to be removed.
Lindsay was hauled back in front of the judge for violating her probation stemming from her DUI arrests in 2007 by failing her court-ordered drug tests. She just exited the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California, a day before the Friday sentencing after voluntarily checking herself back on September 27.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage