Liam Neeson Replaces Mel Gibson in 'Hangover 2', Rep Takes a Jab at Cast and Crew
Mel Gibson is out of "The Hangover 2", but it does not mean the movie will lose its A-lister cameo. Liam Neeson has been chosen to take over Gibson's role of a tattoo artist as he tells Daily Variety, "I just got a call to do a one day shoot on 'Hangover 2' as a tattooist in Thailand, and that's all I know about it."
Neeson's representative, Alan Nierob, has additionally affirmed his client's statement, saying that the actor has been locked up to appear in the upcoming sequel, TMZ reports. Nierob, who is apparently also a rep for Gibson, uses the momentum to quip Gibson firing and jokingly adds, "Pending clearance of cast and crew background check."
As it has been reported before, Gibson was set to portray a tattooist in "The Hangover" sequel before director Todd Phillips announced on Thursday, October 21 that the plan was scrapped. "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie. And I had the full backing of [Warner Bros. Pictures president] Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew," he explained.
"The Hangover 2" has original cast like Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Justin Bartha and Ken Jeong returning to reprise their respective roles. The movie will be filmed in Los Angeles and Thailand and is due for Memorial Day release or May 26, 2011 in the U.S.
Liam Neeson's latest films include "Chloe", "Clash of the Titans" and "The A-Team". He can next be seen in "The Next Three Days" and "Unknown (2011)". The 58-year-old Irish actor is currently in production for "Battleship".
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200