'Hellcats', 'Nikita' and 'One Tree Hill' Get Full Season
It's The CW's turn to reveal which of its Fall line-up survive the ax. Freshmen "Hellcats" and "Nikita" are handed the full season order along with veteran show "One Tree Hill". Awaiting decision are the rest of the shows like "Gossip Girl" and "90210" but one in particular enters the danger zone of not being renewed.
In its sophomore year, "Life Unexpected" is struggling with ever-changing rating. The show starring Shiri Appleby and Kerr Smith among others indeed had been given two additional scripts after an uptick a couple of weeks ago, but rating has since continued to slip. Moreover, CW has green lit several projects for potential midseason premiere such as dramedy titled "Danni Lowinski".
Nevertheless, the network was not always sure of "Nikita" and "Hellcats" at first as well. It gave both series additional 6 episode scripts before now ordering the full season. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment, said, "This fall, The CW made several strategic scheduling moves, including adding two of the most buzzed-about new series, 'Hellcats' and 'Nikita,' to our line-up, and we're thrilled that they've paid off for us."
She added, "By giving our two freshman series and proven performer 'One Tree Hill' full orders, we'll be able to continue our success and momentum throughout the rest of the season."
Indeed "Hellcats" is averaging 2.05 million viewers and a 1.2/4 in adults 18-34 while "Nikita" continued to become the network's second most-watched show after "The Vampire Diaries".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?