'Hellcats', 'Nikita' and 'One Tree Hill' Get Full Season
It's The CW's turn to reveal which of its Fall line-up survive the ax. Freshmen "Hellcats" and "Nikita" are handed the full season order along with veteran show "One Tree Hill". Awaiting decision are the rest of the shows like "Gossip Girl" and "90210" but one in particular enters the danger zone of not being renewed.
In its sophomore year, "Life Unexpected" is struggling with ever-changing rating. The show starring Shiri Appleby and Kerr Smith among others indeed had been given two additional scripts after an uptick a couple of weeks ago, but rating has since continued to slip. Moreover, CW has green lit several projects for potential midseason premiere such as dramedy titled "Danni Lowinski".
Nevertheless, the network was not always sure of "Nikita" and "Hellcats" at first as well. It gave both series additional 6 episode scripts before now ordering the full season. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment, said, "This fall, The CW made several strategic scheduling moves, including adding two of the most buzzed-about new series, 'Hellcats' and 'Nikita,' to our line-up, and we're thrilled that they've paid off for us."
She added, "By giving our two freshman series and proven performer 'One Tree Hill' full orders, we'll be able to continue our success and momentum throughout the rest of the season."
Indeed "Hellcats" is averaging 2.05 million viewers and a 1.2/4 in adults 18-34 while "Nikita" continued to become the network's second most-watched show after "The Vampire Diaries".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed