Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy on 'Total Recall' Shortlist
From the development of "Total Recall" remake, three names have surfaced as the possible depicter of a main character which was tackled by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1990 movie. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy are among the shortlist with Farrell as the top choice.
The original film, based on Philip K. Dick's story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale", follows a man haunted by a recurring dream of journeying to Mars who buys a literal dream vacation from a company called Rekall Inc., which sells implanted memories. The man comes to believe he is a secret agent and ends up on a Martian colony, where he fights to overthrow a despotic ruler controlling the production of air.
Len Wiseman is set to direct the new "Total Recall", which is said to tackle one of Dick's favorite topics, reality vs. delusion. Kurt Wimmer pens the script, while Neal H. Moritz is on board to serve as producer of the sci-fi drama.
Colin Farrell has just wrapped "Fright Night" remake for DreamWorks after he was last seen in "Ondine". Michael Fassbender is currently filming "X-Men: First Class" where he lands a role of Magneto, thanks to his performance in "Inglourious Basterds". As for Tom Hardy, he recently starred in Christopher Nolan's "Inception" and is set to film "Mad Max: Fury Road".
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson