CW Adapting Another Novel by 'The Vampire Diaries' Author
Author L.J. Smith is getting richer for one more of her books is adapted into a TV series by The CW. Smith is the author of "The Vampire Diaries" book series and she also wrote the trilogy "Secret Circle" which will soon be seen coming to life.
Like "Vampire Diaries", the book also has female lead character and takes on a supernatural theme. It follows 16-year-old Cassie, who moves from California to live with her mom in New Salem and falls in love with a mysterious boy named Adam. This plot is almost similar to that of Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" where teen Bella moves to Forks, Washington to live with her dad and falls in love with a 104-year-old vampire named Edward.
However, Adam is no vampire. Cassie finds out that Adam and other elite students in her high school are witches. She befriends their leader, Diana, but soon discovers that Adam and Diana are dating, which leads to a whole bunch of complicated drama.
Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain who were writing and producing for "The Vampire Diaries" and "Angel" are developing the project along with screenwriter Andrew Miller. Alloy Entertainment, which is also developing pilot for The CW's "Confessions of a Backup Dancer" is the company behind the production. There's no more details other than these informations provided by NY Mag's Vulture.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern