First Trailer of U.S. 'Skins' Remakes the Original Pilot
U.S.' take on popular British TV series "Skins" is ready to launch with the release of a trailer on top of the January 2011 premiere. The trailer is sort of a shot-by-shot remake of the original pilot where Nicholas Hoult's Tony wakes up in the morning and starts making calls to his friends in preparation of a huge party.
In the MTV version, relatively new and young actors are cast. In Hoult's shoes as Tony is James Newman, red-haired Michelle is portrayed by Rachel Thevenard while Tony's best friend Sid is played by Daniel Flaherty but under the name Stanley. One distinctive difference between the original and the adaptation is they pick lesbians instead of gays.
In an interview with Collider, Ron Mustafaa who plays Abuud, a character very much like Dev Patel's Anwar Kharral, said, "(Show creator) Bryan Elsley even told us to stop watching it [the U.K. Version] after we got the parts because they didn't want us to copy the characters."
Jesse Carere who plays pill-popping Chris added, "I think everyone's characters, aside from Britne [Oldford who plays Cadie], are the same. ...The first episode to introduce us might be the same, but Bryan even said that it's going to change throughout the series."
Elsley is also the creator of the original series along with his son Jamie Brittain. Elsley will write and executive produce the adapted version, which, like the U.K version, will be largely influenced by teenagers dealing with sex, drugs, the breadth of friendships or the depth of heartbreaks.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake