Bryan Singer Wants Aaron Johnson to Be 'Jack the Giant Killer'
"Jack the Giant Killer", which has long been reported as Bryan Singer's next directorial film, has been green-lit by New Line Cinema, Deadline Hollywood reports. Now the man behind "Superman Returns" is reportedly looking for an actor to take the lead role.
According to the site, Aaron Johnson is circling the part and Singer has his eyes on him. Though so, the "Kick-Ass" actor has not landed the job as New Line is reportedly seeing a lot of other young actors as well. Previously, it was reported that Johnson and "The Social Network" actor Andrew Garfield met with Singer for the same role.
"Jack the Giant Killer" is set to kick off principal photography in spring 2011, pushed back from its original start date of this summer. Christopher MxQuarrie writes a script for the upcoming movie, which will revolve around a young farmer leading a dangerous expedition to the giants' kingdom in hope of rescuing a kidnapped princess as the incident threatens a long-standing peace between men and giants.
Aaron Johnson recently appeared in "Nowhere Boy" where he portrayed legendary singer John Lennon. As for Bryan Singer, he was forced to skip his chance to direct "X-Men: First Class" due to his commitment to "Jack the Giant Killer".
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny