Bryan Singer Wants Aaron Johnson to Be 'Jack the Giant Killer'
"Jack the Giant Killer", which has long been reported as Bryan Singer's next directorial film, has been green-lit by New Line Cinema, Deadline Hollywood reports. Now the man behind "Superman Returns" is reportedly looking for an actor to take the lead role.
According to the site, Aaron Johnson is circling the part and Singer has his eyes on him. Though so, the "Kick-Ass" actor has not landed the job as New Line is reportedly seeing a lot of other young actors as well. Previously, it was reported that Johnson and "The Social Network" actor Andrew Garfield met with Singer for the same role.
"Jack the Giant Killer" is set to kick off principal photography in spring 2011, pushed back from its original start date of this summer. Christopher MxQuarrie writes a script for the upcoming movie, which will revolve around a young farmer leading a dangerous expedition to the giants' kingdom in hope of rescuing a kidnapped princess as the incident threatens a long-standing peace between men and giants.
Aaron Johnson recently appeared in "Nowhere Boy" where he portrayed legendary singer John Lennon. As for Bryan Singer, he was forced to skip his chance to direct "X-Men: First Class" due to his commitment to "Jack the Giant Killer".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says