Jamey Johnson's Music Video: Matthew McConaughey Dressed in Monkey Suit
A music video for Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" has made its way out. Directed by Matthew McConaughey, it follows a man dressed in a gorilla suit walking around the streets of Los Angeles after he gets fired from his job as a sign holder. He finally ends up in a bar where Johnson plays with his band.
"Jamey and this song both have a great sense of humor, so I wanted the video to have a 'wink' to it," McConaughey told Entertainment Tonight. "For any video, if you like the song, you should like it even more after you see the video. I wanted this video to support the lyrics, and elevate the song."
He then explained, "I had a few initial ideas, but after Jamey and I talked about why he wrote it and where the song came from, it was clear that I needed a man in a monkey suit." The one who dresses up as the monkey actually is McConaughey himself.
Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" music video
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour