Jamey Johnson's Music Video: Matthew McConaughey Dressed in Monkey Suit
A music video for Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" has made its way out. Directed by Matthew McConaughey, it follows a man dressed in a gorilla suit walking around the streets of Los Angeles after he gets fired from his job as a sign holder. He finally ends up in a bar where Johnson plays with his band.
"Jamey and this song both have a great sense of humor, so I wanted the video to have a 'wink' to it," McConaughey told Entertainment Tonight. "For any video, if you like the song, you should like it even more after you see the video. I wanted this video to support the lyrics, and elevate the song."
He then explained, "I had a few initial ideas, but after Jamey and I talked about why he wrote it and where the song came from, it was clear that I needed a man in a monkey suit." The one who dresses up as the monkey actually is McConaughey himself.
Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" music video
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video