Jamey Johnson's Music Video: Matthew McConaughey Dressed in Monkey Suit
A music video for Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" has made its way out. Directed by Matthew McConaughey, it follows a man dressed in a gorilla suit walking around the streets of Los Angeles after he gets fired from his job as a sign holder. He finally ends up in a bar where Johnson plays with his band.
"Jamey and this song both have a great sense of humor, so I wanted the video to have a 'wink' to it," McConaughey told Entertainment Tonight. "For any video, if you like the song, you should like it even more after you see the video. I wanted this video to support the lyrics, and elevate the song."
He then explained, "I had a few initial ideas, but after Jamey and I talked about why he wrote it and where the song came from, it was clear that I needed a man in a monkey suit." The one who dresses up as the monkey actually is McConaughey himself.
Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" music video
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding