Jamey Johnson's Music Video: Matthew McConaughey Dressed in Monkey Suit
A music video for Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" has made its way out. Directed by Matthew McConaughey, it follows a man dressed in a gorilla suit walking around the streets of Los Angeles after he gets fired from his job as a sign holder. He finally ends up in a bar where Johnson plays with his band.
"Jamey and this song both have a great sense of humor, so I wanted the video to have a 'wink' to it," McConaughey told Entertainment Tonight. "For any video, if you like the song, you should like it even more after you see the video. I wanted this video to support the lyrics, and elevate the song."
He then explained, "I had a few initial ideas, but after Jamey and I talked about why he wrote it and where the song came from, it was clear that I needed a man in a monkey suit." The one who dresses up as the monkey actually is McConaughey himself.
Jamey Johnson's "Playing the Part" music video
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'