Johnny Depp Wants to Work With Rob Marshall Again in 'The Thin Man'
Johnny Depp is seemingly enjoying working together with Rob Marshall. Currently filming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" under the direction of Marshall, the actor is reportedly already eying another collaboration with the helmer for his next-starring vehicle "The Thin Man".
According to New York Magazine's Vulture, Depp "has been aggressively courting" the "Nine" director to direct him once again in the remake of the 1934 film. " 'The Thin Man' has long been a favorite of mine and with Rob at the helm, I know we're in great hands," the "Alice in Wonderland" star says as quoted by Deadline Hollywood.
Deadline later adds that Warner Bros has listed Terry Rossio, Jerry Stahl and Christopher McQuarrie as possible scribes for the project. Each of these screenwriters has previously worked together with Depp and they all share fondness for Dashiell Hammett novel, on which the movie is based.
The original "The Thin Man" film starred William Powell and Myrna Loy as the alcoholic ex-detective Nick Charles and his young socialite wife Nora. The story follows Nick who is asked to help ferret out the truth about the murder of Julia Wolf, supposedly by Ms. Wolf's former boss and lover, who happens to be an old associate of Nick.
Beside "The Thin Man", Johnny Depp has several projects lining up such as "Wild Roses, Tender Roses", "Dark Shadows" and "Triple Frontier". Meanwhile, Rob Marshall reportedly will meet with Universal execs and producer Marc Platt about the possibility of directing a motion picture based on Broadway's "Wicked" after he wraps "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media