First Teaser Trailer for 'Cars 2' Highlights 'Newest Secret Agents'
Walt Disney Pictures has released the first teaser trailer for "Cars 2". Barely sharing any scene from the movie, the video teases that the upcoming animation will feature "the most advanced technology", "the most exotic locations" and "the world's newest secret agents" with "the most dangerous assignments".
The said "secret agents" are apparently none other than beloved characters from "Cars", Lightning McQueen and Mater, as they are exposed at the end of the teaser. In the sequel, the two will travel around the globe for the Race of Champions, visiting different countries including Tokyo, Italy, Germany, Monte Carlo, Paris and London.
During this race, Mater will provide this animated comedy movie with an action adventure twist. The intellectually-challenged tow truck will get involved in a "Hitchcockian" case of mistaken identity, save the life of a British secret agent called Finn McMissile, and become embroiled in a huge spy thriller.
"Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis serves as helmer for "Cars 2". Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy return to voice McQueen and Mater respectively in the comedy, which is set to arrive in the U.S. on June 24, 2011.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie