Gwyneth Paltrow and Taylor Swift Added to CMA Awards Performers Line-Up
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has just been tapped to make a live performance for the first time ever at this year's Country Music Association Awards. Along with Vince Gill, the movie beauty will perform the soundtrack of "Country Strong", a flick where she plays a fallen country music singer.
Although music is not her main career and her performance at the CMA perhaps is a promotional effort for the film, Paltrow wants to go all out and has got herself ready for the show. "She worked very hard on the music," movie director Shana Feste told People. "She worked with Byron Gallimore, who was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's producer ... And she had guitar lessons and vocal lessons and she took it very, very seriously."
The other new addition to the performers line-up is Taylor Swift who happens to have a new album "Speak Now" to come out next week on October 25. Thus, the 20-year-old singer will possibly sing one of her new singles in a live telecast of the 44th annual CMA Awards set for November 10 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
The prize-giving event will be hosted by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, marking the third time they take the duty. Beside hosting, they will also perform along with Reba McEntire, Rascal Flatts, George Strait, Sugarland, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones