Lil Wayne Tops Hot 200, Making Huge Jump From No. 16
Lil Wayne's latest studio album "I'm Not a Human Being" was among the contenders to debut at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200, but it's not until its third week on sale that the effort finally leads the U.S. albums chart. The rap album leaps from No. 16 to No. 1 with 125,000 copies (up 443%). It becomes the largest jump to No. 1 since Radiohead's "In Rainbows" climbed up from No. 156 in 2008.
"Not a Human Being" was released across United States on September 27 while Weezy was still in jail. It was blocked by Kenny Chesney's "Hemingway's Whiskey" on its way to the top, arriving on the chart at No. 2 with 110,000. It was then kicked out of the Top 10 in the following week with 23,000 units.
This week, the chart is crowded with new entries. Darius Rucker who sells 101,000 copies with his sophomore solo album "Charleston, SC 1966" sits at the second place. Big Time Rush enter at No. 3 with their debut album "B.T.R." which pulls in 67,000.
The Band Perry take the next spot with their self-titled full-length album, and Sufjan Stevens' "The Age of Adz" makes notable debut at the seventh place. The other new entry is All That Remains' "For We Are Many" which rounds up the Top 10 in its opening week.
All of this week's holdovers take a fall. Eminem's "Recovery" drops one slot to No. 5, Kenny Chesney's "Hemingway's Whiskey" falls to 6, Zac Brown Band's "You Get What You Give" slips to 8, and previous champ Toby Keith's "Bullets in the Gun" is down to No. 9.
Next week, meanwhile, the No. 1 position will be secured either by Sugarland or Kings of Leon. The country music album "The Incredible Machine" is estimated to bow around 210,000 to 220,000, and the alternative rock effort "Come Around Sundown" may debut with 180,000 to 190,000.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "I'm Not a Human Being" - Lil Wayne (125,000)
- "Charleston, SC 1966" - Darius Rucker (101,000)
- "B.T.R." - Big Time Rush (67,000)
- "The Band Perry" - The Band Perry (53,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (50,000)
- "Hemingway's Whiskey" - Kenny Chesney (40,000)
- "The Age of Adz" - Sufjan Stevens (36,000)
- "You Get What You Give" - Zac Brown Band (34,000)
- "Bullets in the Gun" - Toby Keith (30,000)
- "For We Are Many" - All That Remains (29,000)
More Lil Wayne News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs