Video: Mom Confirms Beyonce Knowles NOT Pregnant
Beyonce Knowles is gearing up for her world tour but not for motherhood. In a clip released ahead of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" 's Thursday, October 21 airing, the "If I Were a Boy" hitmaker's mother set the pregnancy rumor straight.
"No, no. It's not true. Not right now," Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles, told host Ellen DeGeneres when the pregnancy speculation was brought up during the chat. Tina earlier joked, "I'm here to clear the rumors up. The truth is that it's me, not Beyonce, that's pregnant. It's me," before quickly adding "I'm kidding, no, no I'm 56."
Though revealing that Beyonce is not expecting right now, Tina wishes she would soon have a grandchild from Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z. "I'm looking forward to it. (But) With all the rumors, by now I should have about five or six grandchildren," Tina said.
Rumor that Beyonce is expecting her first child was first run by Us Magazine. A source told the site that the "Dreamgirls" star "was shocked" and although she "loves kids", she "wasn't ready to be a mother just yet." The source went on, "She really wanted to get her album done and tour the world again."
While the source mentioned that Beyonce is not ready for her first child, another insider claimed the 29-year-old singer realizes that "this is a gift from God and she's so happy," adding that she is in her first trimester. Before Tina cleared out the report, a spokesman for Beyonce was approached to give any comment but the spokesman refused to give any statement yet didn't issue a denial.
This wasn't the first time Beyonce is rumored having a bun in the oven since she tied the knot with Jay-Z in April 2008. If Beyonce is indeed pregnant, the baby will be the first for both the "Halo" singer and rapper Jay-Z.
Tina Knowles Addressing Beyonce's Pregnancy Rumor to Ellen DeGeneres:
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna