Emmy Rossum and William H. Macy in 'Shameless' Trailer
"Shameless", a new Showtime series based on a U.K. show of the same name, has released its first trailer in anticipation of the January premiere. The series is starring Oscar-nominated actor William H. Macy in the lead role and is coming from the production hand of John Wells ("ER, "Southland") and Paul Abbot ("State of Play", "Touching Evil").
Macy plays a far-from-stellar working class patriarch of an unconventional Chicago brood of six motley kids who keep the home afloat while he's out drinking and carousing. Playing the eldest kid Fiona is Emmy Rossum of "Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera" fame. Some of the other Gallagher siblings are portrayed by Cameron Monaghan, Emma Kenney, Ethan Cutkosky and Jeremy Allen White. Joan Cusack and Justin Chatwin are also in the show.
"Shameless" will premiere on January 9, 2011 back to back with the premiere of Matt LeBlanc's "Episodes" and the fourth season opener of "Californication". The night will be hosted on-air by LeBlanc and his "Episodes" co-stars Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2