Mark Wahlberg Could Star in 'The Crow' Remake
Mark Wahlberg is reportedly pitched to take on Brandon Lee's iconic role in another movie adaptation of "The Crow". According to Bloody Disgusting, the Oscar-nominated actor has been offered to portray main character Eric Draven in "The Crow", a remake of the 1994 film.
Previously, producer Edward R. Pressman said that they had begun looking for lead actor for the project. "[We've got an offer out] to a major actor," he said earlier this year, before adding "and things are moving ahead very aggressively, with the aim of doing the film this year."
Moreover, the filmmakers had chosen filming locating as Pressman stated at that time, "The setting is the southwest - the Mexico/Arizona area - and an urban [setting], Detroit or Pittsburgh or something like that. There are two locations that the film is set. Its initial platform is in the southwest and then it moves to the big city in the north, middle or eastern America, and then back."
Nick Cave was hired to rewrite the script with a draft from Stephen Norrington, who has also been attached to direct. The upcoming action thriller will follow a man brutally murdered coming back to life as an undead avenger of his and his fiancee's murder.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC