Mark Wahlberg Could Star in 'The Crow' Remake
Mark Wahlberg is reportedly pitched to take on Brandon Lee's iconic role in another movie adaptation of "The Crow". According to Bloody Disgusting, the Oscar-nominated actor has been offered to portray main character Eric Draven in "The Crow", a remake of the 1994 film.
Previously, producer Edward R. Pressman said that they had begun looking for lead actor for the project. "[We've got an offer out] to a major actor," he said earlier this year, before adding "and things are moving ahead very aggressively, with the aim of doing the film this year."
Moreover, the filmmakers had chosen filming locating as Pressman stated at that time, "The setting is the southwest - the Mexico/Arizona area - and an urban [setting], Detroit or Pittsburgh or something like that. There are two locations that the film is set. Its initial platform is in the southwest and then it moves to the big city in the north, middle or eastern America, and then back."
Nick Cave was hired to rewrite the script with a draft from Stephen Norrington, who has also been attached to direct. The upcoming action thriller will follow a man brutally murdered coming back to life as an undead avenger of his and his fiancee's murder.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6