'DWTS': Florence Henderson Axed, Bristol Palin Saved by Votes
It was a surprise elimination on "Dancing with the Stars" this week for the contestant was not the lowest scored by the judges. It was predicted to be either Bristol Palin or Kyle Massey who will go home but it turned out "The Brady Bunch" star Florence Henderson was the one cut off due to low number of votes from the audience.
"I have been in television for over 50 years and I have to say, in all honesty, that ['Dancing with the Stars'] is one of the best produced shows I have ever been on. I truly mean that. It's the best - the best crew, the best hair, makeup, costumes, even the judges are the best. Brooke [Burke], Tom [Bergeron], the music and most of all this darling man, Corky Ballas," Henderson said after learning her fate.
Bergeron replied, "I have loved the childlike glee on your face every week." Henderson then added, "I've loved this show since it began. I think it's just a tremendous show and I hope I've inspired people to get up off of their behinds and move and dance and live and enjoy life."
Henderson and Ballas received 21/30 for their Tango on the performance night while Palin and Mark Ballas scored a low 18/30 for their Jive. Escaping chopping block, Palin told Burke, "I was very nervous coming into tonight, but I'm very grateful for our fans for keeping us in. Hopefully next week we'll come out better and I'll remember our steps."
Next week, it would be a Rock n Roll theme and the contestants will do either Paso Doble or Tango.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'