'DWTS': Florence Henderson Axed, Bristol Palin Saved by Votes
It was a surprise elimination on "Dancing with the Stars" this week for the contestant was not the lowest scored by the judges. It was predicted to be either Bristol Palin or Kyle Massey who will go home but it turned out "The Brady Bunch" star Florence Henderson was the one cut off due to low number of votes from the audience.
"I have been in television for over 50 years and I have to say, in all honesty, that ['Dancing with the Stars'] is one of the best produced shows I have ever been on. I truly mean that. It's the best - the best crew, the best hair, makeup, costumes, even the judges are the best. Brooke [Burke], Tom [Bergeron], the music and most of all this darling man, Corky Ballas," Henderson said after learning her fate.
Bergeron replied, "I have loved the childlike glee on your face every week." Henderson then added, "I've loved this show since it began. I think it's just a tremendous show and I hope I've inspired people to get up off of their behinds and move and dance and live and enjoy life."
Henderson and Ballas received 21/30 for their Tango on the performance night while Palin and Mark Ballas scored a low 18/30 for their Jive. Escaping chopping block, Palin told Burke, "I was very nervous coming into tonight, but I'm very grateful for our fans for keeping us in. Hopefully next week we'll come out better and I'll remember our steps."
Next week, it would be a Rock n Roll theme and the contestants will do either Paso Doble or Tango.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special