Jean-Claude Van Damme 'Is Okay' After Suffering Heart Attack
Jean-Claude Van Damme is said currently resting at his home in Belgium after being admitted to a hospital in New Orleans for a minor heart attack. According to email from Van Damme's reps to MTV, the "The Shepherd: Border Patrol" actor "is okay."
Van Damme's brief hospitalization was first reported by Twitch Film. According to the site, Van Damme suffered a heart attack on the set of his latest movie "Weapon" only a day after celebrating his 50th birthday, on Monday, October 18.
"Weapon" 's New Orleans filming, which followed Romanian production last week, was stalled due to unexplained "complications". And the complication reportedly involved Van Damme suffering a minor heart attack before he shot any of his scenes.
When Van Damme was hospitalized in New Orleans, he was accompanied by his wife and mother of two of his children, Gladys Portugues. After briefly staying at the medical center, the "JCVD" star was allowed to return to his home in Belgium.
Whether or not Van Damme's recovery at his home will affect "Weapon" production is not yet revealed. In the action film, which is set for 2011 release, Van Damme will possibly share scenes with Scott Adkins after Vinnie Jones, who was set to play his rival assassin, dropped out of the project.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video