Jean-Claude Van Damme 'Is Okay' After Suffering Heart Attack
Jean-Claude Van Damme is said currently resting at his home in Belgium after being admitted to a hospital in New Orleans for a minor heart attack. According to email from Van Damme's reps to MTV, the "The Shepherd: Border Patrol" actor "is okay."
Van Damme's brief hospitalization was first reported by Twitch Film. According to the site, Van Damme suffered a heart attack on the set of his latest movie "Weapon" only a day after celebrating his 50th birthday, on Monday, October 18.
"Weapon" 's New Orleans filming, which followed Romanian production last week, was stalled due to unexplained "complications". And the complication reportedly involved Van Damme suffering a minor heart attack before he shot any of his scenes.
When Van Damme was hospitalized in New Orleans, he was accompanied by his wife and mother of two of his children, Gladys Portugues. After briefly staying at the medical center, the "JCVD" star was allowed to return to his home in Belgium.
Whether or not Van Damme's recovery at his home will affect "Weapon" production is not yet revealed. In the action film, which is set for 2011 release, Van Damme will possibly share scenes with Scott Adkins after Vinnie Jones, who was set to play his rival assassin, dropped out of the project.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'