Jean-Claude Van Damme 'Is Okay' After Suffering Heart Attack
Jean-Claude Van Damme is said currently resting at his home in Belgium after being admitted to a hospital in New Orleans for a minor heart attack. According to email from Van Damme's reps to MTV, the "The Shepherd: Border Patrol" actor "is okay."
Van Damme's brief hospitalization was first reported by Twitch Film. According to the site, Van Damme suffered a heart attack on the set of his latest movie "Weapon" only a day after celebrating his 50th birthday, on Monday, October 18.
"Weapon" 's New Orleans filming, which followed Romanian production last week, was stalled due to unexplained "complications". And the complication reportedly involved Van Damme suffering a minor heart attack before he shot any of his scenes.
When Van Damme was hospitalized in New Orleans, he was accompanied by his wife and mother of two of his children, Gladys Portugues. After briefly staying at the medical center, the "JCVD" star was allowed to return to his home in Belgium.
Whether or not Van Damme's recovery at his home will affect "Weapon" production is not yet revealed. In the action film, which is set for 2011 release, Van Damme will possibly share scenes with Scott Adkins after Vinnie Jones, who was set to play his rival assassin, dropped out of the project.
More Jean-Claude Van Damme News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role