Jean-Claude Van Damme 'Is Okay' After Suffering Heart Attack
Jean-Claude Van Damme is said currently resting at his home in Belgium after being admitted to a hospital in New Orleans for a minor heart attack. According to email from Van Damme's reps to MTV, the "The Shepherd: Border Patrol" actor "is okay."
Van Damme's brief hospitalization was first reported by Twitch Film. According to the site, Van Damme suffered a heart attack on the set of his latest movie "Weapon" only a day after celebrating his 50th birthday, on Monday, October 18.
"Weapon" 's New Orleans filming, which followed Romanian production last week, was stalled due to unexplained "complications". And the complication reportedly involved Van Damme suffering a minor heart attack before he shot any of his scenes.
When Van Damme was hospitalized in New Orleans, he was accompanied by his wife and mother of two of his children, Gladys Portugues. After briefly staying at the medical center, the "JCVD" star was allowed to return to his home in Belgium.
Whether or not Van Damme's recovery at his home will affect "Weapon" production is not yet revealed. In the action film, which is set for 2011 release, Van Damme will possibly share scenes with Scott Adkins after Vinnie Jones, who was set to play his rival assassin, dropped out of the project.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia