Adam Lambert Tells LGBT Youth in New PSA: 'It Gets Better'
Adam Lambert takes the baton from other stars who have recorded a PSA for "It Gets Better" campaign. The singer sends a positive message to LGBT youth out there from the point of view of an openly-gay public figure, saying even he still got bullied by people with "nasty" comments.
"It seems hard," Lambert said in the black and white video. "I think being different is always going to be a tough climb. There's always going to be people that are going to be scared of it. But at the end of the day, if you give those bullies and those people that are so ignorant and fearful of your lifestyle, if you give them the power to affect you, you're letting them win, and they don't deserve that."
In an attempt to explain how bullying is still pretty much affecting a lot of people, Lambert takes himself as an example. "Even someone like me, someone that has recently come into some success in his career. I'm touring the world, I have a CD out, I do music videos, I'm living my dream. Even I get bullied," he said.
"You look under any comment section on any article, and there's bullies in there telling me that I'm a f----t, that I'm ugly, that I'm gross - 'Ew, gross, nasty, he's a girly' - all this crap. I'm singled out and it's all 'gay, gay, gay, gay, gay,' even though there is so much more to me than just who I choose to sleep with." Closing the video, Lambert said, "It gets better, but it's up to you."
Lambert's PSA comes on the heels of 15-year-old Billy Lucas' suicide due to bullying. "Savage Love" columnist Dan Savage started the video series which was then supported by Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj and Aubrey O'Day among others.
More Adam Lambert News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding