Mel Gibson's Cameo in 'Hangover 2' Is Confirmed
Mel Gibson is set to save his acting career with "The Hangover 2". The 54-year-old actor, who lately hits the headline for his ongoing battle with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, has signed to portray a Bangkok tattooist in the upcoming movie, New York Post's Page Six first reported.
"It's a done deal. Mel will make a cameo as a tattoo artist," a source told the site. "Filming is taking place on the Warner Bros. lot, where a Bangkok set has been built, and Mel is expected to film his role in two weeks. Then the production moves to Thailand at the end of October."
Soon after the news surfaced, MTV contacted "two sources close to the production" who said that Gibson's cameo role "is confirmed". Gossip Cop, which is specialized in debunking rumors, even backed Page Six's scoop, stating that a source close to Gibson confirms he is indeed cast in "The Hangover" sequel.
The comedy franchise is no stranger to featuring cameo of well-known star. The first film had a cameo of Mike Tyson whose tiger was stolen by Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms. Recently, there was also rumor suggesting that Tiger Woods might land a role in the second movie.
In "The Hangover 2", Cooper, Galifianakis, Helms as well as Justin Bartha are going to visit Bangkok, Thailand. The movie is also partially shot in Los Angeles. Todd Phillips still tackles the helming duty for the comedy, which is slated to grace theaters in the U.S. on Memorial Day or May 26, 2011.
Mel Gibson was last seen in "Edge of Darkness" which was released in early this year. He also has a lead role in "The Beaver" but the film has not gotten a release date. He, moreover, plans to make an untitled Viking project but the lead actor Leonardo DiCaprio has reportedly dropped out of the film.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics