Obama Announces Cameo on 'Mythbusters'
President Obama spared a minute to announce at White House Science Fair that his face can be recognized at Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters". The U.S. leader has taped a cameo for "Archimedese Solar Ray", an episode which airs December 8.
"I'm pleased to welcome Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, known as the MYTHBUSTERS," Obama said from the White House. "I can announce today that I taped a special guest appearance for their show, although I didn't get to blow anything up. I was a little frustrated about that."
In the episode, hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman revisit an ancient and somewhat controversial myth: Did Greek scientist and polymath Archimedes set fire to an invading Roman fleet using only mirrors and the reflected rays of the sun?
The episode is part of a sweeping, multi-platform initiative launched by Discovery Communications called "Be the Future," which also includes such commitments as HEAD RUSH, a commercial-free science block for kids that launched in August on Science Channel, and several initiatives of Discovery Education. This special episode of "Mythbusters" will be available to students and educators across the country through Discovery Education's curriculum-based digital resources.
A picture of the President giving the assignment to the "Mythbusters" has been previewed on the show's official Facebook page while a photo of Savage and Hyneman at the Science Fair was posted on Twitter by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival