Obama Announces Cameo on 'Mythbusters'
President Obama spared a minute to announce at White House Science Fair that his face can be recognized at Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters". The U.S. leader has taped a cameo for "Archimedese Solar Ray", an episode which airs December 8.
"I'm pleased to welcome Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, known as the MYTHBUSTERS," Obama said from the White House. "I can announce today that I taped a special guest appearance for their show, although I didn't get to blow anything up. I was a little frustrated about that."
In the episode, hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman revisit an ancient and somewhat controversial myth: Did Greek scientist and polymath Archimedes set fire to an invading Roman fleet using only mirrors and the reflected rays of the sun?
The episode is part of a sweeping, multi-platform initiative launched by Discovery Communications called "Be the Future," which also includes such commitments as HEAD RUSH, a commercial-free science block for kids that launched in August on Science Channel, and several initiatives of Discovery Education. This special episode of "Mythbusters" will be available to students and educators across the country through Discovery Education's curriculum-based digital resources.
A picture of the President giving the assignment to the "Mythbusters" has been previewed on the show's official Facebook page while a photo of Savage and Hyneman at the Science Fair was posted on Twitter by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March