Celine Dion Hospitalized to Prevent Early Delivery, Not Planning a Caesar
Pregnant Celine Dion has been hospitalized to prevent the premature birth of her twins, her rep has confirmed. The Canadian singer was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida on Monday, October 18 as recommended by doctors.
The hospital officials have released a statement to affirm that Dion's hospitalization is aimed "to prevent the early delivery of her babies which is the standard of care for any patient with twin pregnancy in this clinical setting." The twin boys are due in November and the result of in-vitro fertilization.
The hospital additionally denies reports that Dion and her husband Rene Angelil have scheduled a caesarean section delivery for October 22 and made special request about nursing staff and rooms for her security team. "At no time did Ms. Dion or her husband make any special demands or requests of the hospital. She is not scheduled at any predetermined date for her delivery. She has not requested or selected any particular staff or accommodations not available to other patients," the statement says.
Celine Dion and Rene Angelil first announced that they are expecting twin babies in May. The upcoming boys will join brother Rene Charles Angelil (9-year-old) who was also conceived through in-vitro fertilization. Dion additionally has a step son Patrick Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding