Celine Dion Hospitalized to Prevent Early Delivery, Not Planning a Caesar
Pregnant Celine Dion has been hospitalized to prevent the premature birth of her twins, her rep has confirmed. The Canadian singer was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida on Monday, October 18 as recommended by doctors.
The hospital officials have released a statement to affirm that Dion's hospitalization is aimed "to prevent the early delivery of her babies which is the standard of care for any patient with twin pregnancy in this clinical setting." The twin boys are due in November and the result of in-vitro fertilization.
The hospital additionally denies reports that Dion and her husband Rene Angelil have scheduled a caesarean section delivery for October 22 and made special request about nursing staff and rooms for her security team. "At no time did Ms. Dion or her husband make any special demands or requests of the hospital. She is not scheduled at any predetermined date for her delivery. She has not requested or selected any particular staff or accommodations not available to other patients," the statement says.
Celine Dion and Rene Angelil first announced that they are expecting twin babies in May. The upcoming boys will join brother Rene Charles Angelil (9-year-old) who was also conceived through in-vitro fertilization. Dion additionally has a step son Patrick Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72