Mark Salling Talks Debut Album and Announces Music Video Premiere
Breaking many hearts across the country with his brooding good look and melodic voice in FOX's hit TV series "Glee", Mark Salling finally has his dream of releasing an album coming true. He chronicles his seven-year musical journey with a sound reminiscent of early classic Rock 'n' Roll, alternative, and a 60s Folk-Beat-era sound.
In an exclusive interview with AceShowbiz, Salling describes his sound and talks about the album "Pipe Dreams" which is due in the United States on October 25. The Noah 'Puck' Puckerman depicter also announces music video premiere of his single "Illusions" and credits his grandmother as the person behind his success.
ASB: You must be so busy right now! Can you tell us a little bit about what you're doing lately?
Mark Salling: Working on my music. Oh, and the show keeps me busy, which I am eternally grateful for.
ASB: What made you fall in love with music to begin with?
Mark Salling: I started taking piano lessons when I was 5, and the rest is still up in the air. I can't imagine my life without music.
ASB: Describe your sound?
Mark Salling: It's a little bit country, some classic rock-n-roll, folk, a good 60's beat.
ASB: Is there a song on the album that you wrote based on personal experience?
Mark Salling: The whole album is a diary pretty much of the last decade of my life and struggles in LA as a musician. The track "Pipe Dreams" which is coincidentally the name of my album and label, sums it up pretty well I think.
ASB: Do you have plans to shoot a music video?
Mark Salling: Yes ("Illusions" will debut on E! News on October 19 at 7 P.M. PST.)
ASB: What was the last band/musician you watched and thought 'wow they are really good'?
Mark Salling: I just went to a Weezer concert, but how does anyone not like Weezer. I like Alice in Chains, Radiohead, the classics.
ASB:. What kind of songs do you listen on a regular basis?
Mark Salling: Everything
ASB: Which will be your focus in the coming years, music or acting?
Mark Salling: I'd hate to ever have to choose one over the other. I don't see myself ever having to.
ASB: Now that you're a big star, what's different in life then and now?
Mark Salling: (laughs) Thank you, but I'm not a big star. I still live with the same roommate in the same apartment. Go ask Robert Pattinson that question.
ASB: If you're to name one person in your entire life, who do you think you owe your success to?
Mark Salling: My grandma.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special