Mark Wahlberg's 'Fighter' Gets New Dramatic Trailer
Paramount Pictures has given a new trailer for "The Fighter" which was aired during the season finale of "Mad Men" on Sunday, October 17. It features a short flashback to Micky Ward and Dicky Ecklund's childhood before following Micky who still bonds with his half brother now that he tries to start his career as a boxer.
But despite all of his work, Micky's career is failing and he loses fight after punishing fight. Dicky and Micky's tougher-than-nails mother, Alice, manages his career and Dicky serves as his highly unreliable trainer. When Micky's latest fight nearly kills him, it looks like it could all be over until his iron-willed new girlfriend, Charlene, convinces him to do the unthinkable: split with his family, pursue his own interests and train without his increasingly volatile and criminal brother.
Now Micky has the chance of a lifetime as he earns a shot at the World Championship. But when his brother and dysfunctional family reenter his life, they must all reconcile their pasts and become more than just a family in name.
Based on a true story, "The Fighter" has Mark Wahlberg starring as Micky Ward and Christian Bale as Dick Eklund. Amy Adams portrays Charlene, while Melissa Leo will be seen as Alice. Directed by David O. Russell, this drama will hit limited U.S. theaters on December 10 before expanding wide on December 17.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years