Artist of the Week: Kenny Chesney
Kenny Chesney has accomplished almost unprecedented things during his more-than-a-decade music career. He won multiple coveted prizes including a four-time winner of CMA Entertainer of the Year, toured across North America for a dozen times, and sold over 27 million albums.
And the release of Chesney's latest album "Hemingway's Whiskey" on September 28 which soared at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 only proved that he hasn't lost his charm despite many budding artists out there. In fact, it affirmed his status as one of the biggest forces in country music.
"I'm still very competitive," Chesney said to CNN. However, he shared that he doesn't do it for any award even though he repeatedly added new ones every year. He explained, "My views on those things have changed a little bit because those awards don't drive me. It's not going to change my passion to do what I do, and how much I give my fans when I go on stage."
Beside continuing to represent his passion in music, "Hemingway's Whiskey" also becomes his way to take timeout from the road. "I couldn't have done the things that I got the opportunity to do this year if I had been on the road. This album wouldn't have been the same. I made a documentary film on football that definitely would not have been possible if I had been busy and in a different city everyday. So creatively, this was one of the best years of my life," he gushed.
The other important thing about this record is he enjoyed every creative process of it. "There is a lot of looking back on this record. There is a little bit of falling in love on this record. There's a little bit of letting go on this record. There's a little bit -- no, a lot of remembering someone on this record," he stated.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!