Cheyenne Jackson Is Married to Partner of 10 Years
It turned out that "Glee" star Cheyenne Jackson is a married man. The former Broadway performer revealed the news to Out magazine recently, saying that he and partner of more than 10 years, physicist Monte Lapka, secretly walked into New York's City Hall and registered as domestic partners.
"We wanted to get as married as we could. I think we were filling in some forms for wills or insurance, and I just thought, Let's just make this as legal as we can," Jackson shared the moment. "It was with a bunch of Russian mail-order brides, literally. And it was hilarious and it was romantic, just he and me, our little secret."
Jackson, who is dubbed Out's November coverboy, further shared about his childhood when he struggled with his sexuality in a conservative Christian town. "I never felt further away from who I really am. I'm ready to go out in the world and be who I'm supposed to be, but I am so conflicted because the church and everything in that world is telling me that who I am is wrong, just wrong," he said.
"And I know I'm a good person, I know that I treat people with kindness and that I try to make the world a better place. How can who I am be wrong? And in that moment I just know that something has to change. I have to acknowledge it," Jackson went on.
Meanwhile, his mother Sherri admitted that it was a difficult time. Still, she added, "It can be real divisive, but I feel we weathered it very well. I feel I've become more openhearted, because otherwise the world can be black and white, and it isn't. It's good to grow."
Cheyenne Jackson Face to Face With Out Magazine:
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video