Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz 'Joyfully Welcomed' Baby Boy
Alicia Keys and rapper/producer husband Swizz Beatz are proud parents to a healthy baby boy. Keys and Beatz "joyfully welcomed their first child" together at New York's St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital on Thursday, October 14, reps for the couple confirmed to People.
Keys and Beatz named their son Egypt Daoud Dean. While the newly-born tot is the first child for Keys, he is the third kid for Beatz who already has two children, Kasseem Jr. and Prince, from his previous relationship with artist Mashonda.
Sharing the excitement, Beatz took it on his Twitter page. On Friday, October 15, the "Money in the Bank" rapper wrote, "I'm so thankful for everything I been blessed with in my life wowwwwww!" Fellow star Mary J. Blige has also congratulated the couple for their baby, tweeting "I'm So excited 2 Congratulate my brother @ therealswizzz and @Alicia keys on there (sic) New, baby, boy!!!!!!!"
Keys and Beatz, who got married at a private home on the Mediterranean Sea on July 31, announced their baby news in late May. At that time, the pair didn't know the gender of their baby but they are excited to start a family. Beatz told People, "Whatever we're blessed with, that baby is being born to blessed parents. Alicia is definitely one of those great parents-to-be."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik