Selena Gomez Auctions Off Music Video Dress for UNICEF
Despite her grueling schedule over her music and movie career, not to mention her clothing line, Selena Gomez still spent her time to help others. The 18-year-old beauty, who is dubbed UNICEF ambassador, auctioned off one of her special dresses.
Hoping to raise money for the organization to help providing food and healthcare to disadvantaged children across the globe, Selena put her glamorous Catherine Dean gown that she wore in her "A Year Without Rain" music video under the hammer.
"It's a beautiful dress. It was obviously a very important part of the video," Selena said of her chiffon gray halter gown to People. "We wanted it to be very beautiful and very flowy and I got so many great comments on it so I thought it would be awesome to give it to charity."
Beside the beautiful dress, Selena also auctioned off a chance of meet and greet at her first-ever acoustic concert at The Roxy Theater in West Hollywood on October 26. One lucky fan will be allowed to take his/her five friends to meet the star during the 60th anniversary of Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign.
"To be able to see what they do with what they have done - it's amazing and it's really inspiring," Selena told the site. The auction for the dress and the meet and greet itself has been opened since October 1 and will end on November 10, via online auction site Charitybuss.
More Selena Gomez News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family