Christina Aguilera Files for Divorce, Asking Judge to Terminate Spousal Support
After only two days from announcing her separation from husband of five years, music executive Jordan Bratman, Christina Aguilera has made up her mind. The "Bionic" singer filed for divorce in the Superior Court of California on Thursday, October 14, TMZ reported.
In the divorce papers obtained by the site, Aguilera cited "irreconcilable differences". The divorce petition also revealed that there is pre-nuptial agreement when the singer and Bratman wed in 2005. The divorce petition asks that "earnings and accumulations of (Aguilera) before marriage, during marriage and from and after the date of separation" to be considered separate property.
Furthermore, Aguilera requests judge to terminate Bratman's ability to get spousal support and is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child, 2-year-old son Max Liron Bratman. In the legal document, Aguilera, who is represented by Laura Wasser, listed September 11 as the date of the separation.
Aguilera confirmed her separation from Bratman through an October 12 statement which said, "Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever." A close friend of the couple, who wed on November 19, 2005 revealed the same thing to People, "She's focusing on continuing to be a great mom. She's spending as much time as she can with Max."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2