Christina Aguilera Files for Divorce, Asking Judge to Terminate Spousal Support
After only two days from announcing her separation from husband of five years, music executive Jordan Bratman, Christina Aguilera has made up her mind. The "Bionic" singer filed for divorce in the Superior Court of California on Thursday, October 14, TMZ reported.
In the divorce papers obtained by the site, Aguilera cited "irreconcilable differences". The divorce petition also revealed that there is pre-nuptial agreement when the singer and Bratman wed in 2005. The divorce petition asks that "earnings and accumulations of (Aguilera) before marriage, during marriage and from and after the date of separation" to be considered separate property.
Furthermore, Aguilera requests judge to terminate Bratman's ability to get spousal support and is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child, 2-year-old son Max Liron Bratman. In the legal document, Aguilera, who is represented by Laura Wasser, listed September 11 as the date of the separation.
Aguilera confirmed her separation from Bratman through an October 12 statement which said, "Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever." A close friend of the couple, who wed on November 19, 2005 revealed the same thing to People, "She's focusing on continuing to be a great mom. She's spending as much time as she can with Max."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'