Coming Soon: Live Action Series of 'The Incredible Hulk'
"The Incredible Hulk" is not strictly for wide-screen version, but for TV series as well. ABC is reportedly in "very early stages of development" of a live-action series adaptation of the popular Marvel comic book about a physicist who turns this green monster when his emotion is triggered.
Since the project is young, there is no writer yet for the pilot but the network is looking for one. The pickup comes on the heels of the TV right bought by ABC's parent company Disney. It is part of a push from Marvel to enter the TV realm which was kicked off with the launching of Marvel TV in June. The network's head Jeph Loeb reportedly had put the "Hulk" adaptation as one of his top priorities.
"Hulk" has been adapted into TV series before with the memorable one starring Lou Ferrigno in the title role. It ran on CBS from 1978 to 1982. Two live-action/CGI movies were then released in theaters, starring Eric Bana and Edward Norton respectively. The green monster is due to be played by Mark Ruffalo in "The Avengers".
TV adaptation of comic heroes and heroines are springing up as a trend lately. Warner Bros. TV and DC Comics announced earlier this month that they are developing a "Wonder Woman" show with David E. Kelley.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show