Coming Soon: Live Action Series of 'The Incredible Hulk'
"The Incredible Hulk" is not strictly for wide-screen version, but for TV series as well. ABC is reportedly in "very early stages of development" of a live-action series adaptation of the popular Marvel comic book about a physicist who turns this green monster when his emotion is triggered.
Since the project is young, there is no writer yet for the pilot but the network is looking for one. The pickup comes on the heels of the TV right bought by ABC's parent company Disney. It is part of a push from Marvel to enter the TV realm which was kicked off with the launching of Marvel TV in June. The network's head Jeph Loeb reportedly had put the "Hulk" adaptation as one of his top priorities.
"Hulk" has been adapted into TV series before with the memorable one starring Lou Ferrigno in the title role. It ran on CBS from 1978 to 1982. Two live-action/CGI movies were then released in theaters, starring Eric Bana and Edward Norton respectively. The green monster is due to be played by Mark Ruffalo in "The Avengers".
TV adaptation of comic heroes and heroines are springing up as a trend lately. Warner Bros. TV and DC Comics announced earlier this month that they are developing a "Wonder Woman" show with David E. Kelley.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress