Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Keri Hilson to Salute the Troops on VH1 Divas
A year after the first revived VH1 Divas concert, the network decides it's time to bring the iconic event to America's troops and their families. Partnering with USO (United States Organizations), they recruited Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Keri Hilson for the troops salute.
They will be performing in front of men and women in uniform at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar in San Diego. Dubbed "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops", the event which will also feature performance from Sugarland premieres on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT.
"I get to be among so many other influential women, groundbreaking women, strong, powerful, confident women, not only on that day, but just to be a part of the legacy of VH1 Divas," Hilson said. Sugarland's member Jennifer Nettles added, "All of these women definitely have a larger than life persona, be it on stage or who they are or what they wear. I think there's something to be said for celebrating that."
Beside holding live concert Stateside with plan for international broadcast, this year's VH1 Divas will take the effort overseas to thank troops serving in remote locations. Paramore are tapped to visit Marines, soldiers, airmen, sailors, coastguardsmen and reservists stationed at an undisclosed military base in the Middle East.
More Katy Perry News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group