Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Keri Hilson to Salute the Troops on VH1 Divas
A year after the first revived VH1 Divas concert, the network decides it's time to bring the iconic event to America's troops and their families. Partnering with USO (United States Organizations), they recruited Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Keri Hilson for the troops salute.
They will be performing in front of men and women in uniform at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar in San Diego. Dubbed "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops", the event which will also feature performance from Sugarland premieres on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT.
"I get to be among so many other influential women, groundbreaking women, strong, powerful, confident women, not only on that day, but just to be a part of the legacy of VH1 Divas," Hilson said. Sugarland's member Jennifer Nettles added, "All of these women definitely have a larger than life persona, be it on stage or who they are or what they wear. I think there's something to be said for celebrating that."
Beside holding live concert Stateside with plan for international broadcast, this year's VH1 Divas will take the effort overseas to thank troops serving in remote locations. Paramore are tapped to visit Marines, soldiers, airmen, sailors, coastguardsmen and reservists stationed at an undisclosed military base in the Middle East.
More Katy Perry News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal