Willow Smith Reveals 'Whip My Hair' Cover Art and Pictures From Video Shoot
Willow Smith is whipping her braided hair in a newly-unveiled cover art of her debut single. Beside unleashing the artwork, the 9-year-old girl also gives a sneak peek to upcoming "Whip My Hair" music video in a form of two on-set pictures.
One image features her wearing an all-white hoodie outfit with paint splattered all over the wall and floor, and the other picture sees her getting playful more with her hair and dress. The music video is directed by Ray Kay and will be debuted next week on Monday, October 18 with digital download for the single to be opened a week later.
Of what people can expect from the clip, Ray told Rap-Up, "I'm certain people that are watching the video will feel inspired to develop their own individuality and freedom and express their own art after seeing Willow in this video."
"I'm very excited to work with such a unique artist as Willow, and I'm happy to help present her to the world as a new and fresh artist," he said more. "I'm also really happy to be involved with a project that has such a positive message as this one."
Willow Smith was signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation and is currently preparing her debut album. When her first single came out, it created a buzz on the web and drew comparison to Rihanna's music. It even got praised by Solange Knowles who wrote on Twitter, "WIllow Smith make me wanna whip some haiiirrr in this house. Ummm kill em girl. Kill em!"
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance