Ke$ha Is Loud and Proud in New Single 'We R Who We R'
From "Animal", now Ke$ha is moving forward to "Cannibal" and she has already given the first taste of the upcoming album. It's a pop/dance track called "We R Who We R" and features lyrics which ask those who are "hot and dangerous" to join the club and have the "DJ turn it up."
The song was penned by Ke$ha in the wake of the news about bullying that has led to suicides of gay teens lately. She hopes that the song will be a pride anthem, saying to Entertainment Weekly "I wanted to inspire people ... to be themselves. It's a celebration of any sort of quirks or eccentricities."
A companion to her platinum selling debut album, "Cannibal" is due November 22 in the United States and will feature eight new songs with the addition of "Animal" remix. The extended play will be released both on its own and bundled with "Animal" CD in a reissue called "Animal + Cannibal".
Producers involved in the making of the album include Dr. Luke (Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson), Max Martin (Britney Spears, Pink), Benny Blanco (Katy Perry, 3Oh!3) and Bangladesh (Lil Wayne, Beyonce Knowles).
"This year has been carnivorous and life-changing. I have my rowdy, gorgeous fans to thank for taking me on the ride of a lifetime. My only goal with this record is to keep them dancing. The songs on Cannibal were made to inspire people to ignore any hate or judgment and be themselves unapologetically. It's the perfect companion to Animal and I hope you guys like it. And if you don't like it - bite me," Ke$ha said.
More Ke$ha News
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress