Ke$ha Is Loud and Proud in New Single 'We R Who We R'
From "Animal", now Ke$ha is moving forward to "Cannibal" and she has already given the first taste of the upcoming album. It's a pop/dance track called "We R Who We R" and features lyrics which ask those who are "hot and dangerous" to join the club and have the "DJ turn it up."
The song was penned by Ke$ha in the wake of the news about bullying that has led to suicides of gay teens lately. She hopes that the song will be a pride anthem, saying to Entertainment Weekly "I wanted to inspire people ... to be themselves. It's a celebration of any sort of quirks or eccentricities."
A companion to her platinum selling debut album, "Cannibal" is due November 22 in the United States and will feature eight new songs with the addition of "Animal" remix. The extended play will be released both on its own and bundled with "Animal" CD in a reissue called "Animal + Cannibal".
Producers involved in the making of the album include Dr. Luke (Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson), Max Martin (Britney Spears, Pink), Benny Blanco (Katy Perry, 3Oh!3) and Bangladesh (Lil Wayne, Beyonce Knowles).
"This year has been carnivorous and life-changing. I have my rowdy, gorgeous fans to thank for taking me on the ride of a lifetime. My only goal with this record is to keep them dancing. The songs on Cannibal were made to inspire people to ignore any hate or judgment and be themselves unapologetically. It's the perfect companion to Animal and I hope you guys like it. And if you don't like it - bite me," Ke$ha said.
More Ke$ha News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation